Parish Life Commission
The mission of the Parish Life Commission is to help promote and encourage a welcoming environment for the community of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel. We strive to help parishioners build connections to the parish community outside of the traditional worship services.
Realizing that God is the center of our lives, we hope to offer ways for each person to share their time, talent and treasure in spiritual and social activities.
Specific committees that are offered under Parish Life are:
- Provides baked goods for special events
Women’s Breakfast Committee
- Plan and implement the annual women’s breakfast. Help is needed in shopping, set up, programs and serving at the event
Parish Social Affairs Committee
- Coordinate, plan, prepare and serve for any special receptions or events, including the Appreciation Dinner, Parish Picnic and Anniversary Celebrations
Women’s Night Out Committee
- Plan and implement 4-5 evenings that vary in nature of social, educational and spiritual offerings
Young at Heart Board
- Assist in planning social events/outings, service opportunities and spiritual offerings for those 55 years and older